ALPHARETTA DIVORCE & FAMILY LAW
Our team is comprised of lawyers who are well known and highly valued in the legal field and are committed to ensuring that each client receives the best possible outcome for their case.
Alimony Lawyer in Alpharetta
Want to know how to get spousal support?
Alimony, or spousal support, is one of the most controversial topics in family law. It is not as common as it was 30 or 40 years ago, simply because it is becoming increasingly more common for both spouses to work and contribute to the family income. However, state courts do have the authority to award alimony under certain circumstances.
If you are going through a divorce and seeking alimony, or refuting entitlement to alimony, you are in need of sophisticated representation by an experienced Alpharetta attorney. At The Law Offices of Daniel W. Mitnick & Associates, P.C., we have numerous qualifications, such as:
- Our attorneys have 25 years of combined experience.
- We have earned the respect of our peers and a reputation for success.
- Attorney Mitnick is admitted to practice law in state court, the United States District Court Northern District of Georgia, United States Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
We prefer to settle matters in an uncontested divorce, or through mediation. However, we are skilled and experienced litigators and will not hesitate to go to court if it is in your best interests.
How Spousal Support Eligibility is Determined
There are no set guidelines concerning spousal support, and whether or not it is awarded is left to the discretion of the court. Factors the court will consider include:
- Need of the dependent spouse for support
- Capacity of the other spouse to pay support
- Division of property
- Standard of living enjoyed during the marriage
- Length of the marriage
- Age and physical and emotional condition of the spouses
- The contribution of each spouse to the marriage, including homemaking, childcare, and support of the education and career of one spouse by the other
- Whether or not adultery occurred, and if it is the reason for the divorce
Our Attorneys Handle Aspects of Your Divorce
There are different possible types of alimony, and different forms of payment: temporary, indirect, and permanent alimony paid in periodic, lump sum, or combination payments. Our knowledgeable Alpharetta lawyer can represent you in all aspects of your divorce, including:
Schedule Your Appointment for a Free Case Analysis!
Our firm has a proven record of successful settlements and the experience to petition the court if needed. For a full explanation of how alimony is determined and whether you may be eligible, contact us today!
Our office serves clients in the Alpharetta/North Fulton area, in places such as: Alpharetta, Cumming, Roswell, Atlanta, Marietta, Duluth, Decatur, Lawrenceville, Johns Creek, Dunwoody, Doraville, Smyrna, Canton, Buford, Chamblee, Sandy Springs, Buckhead, Gainesville, Woodstock, Norcross, Kennesaw, Acworth, Suwanee, Fulton County, DeKalb County, Forsyth County, Cherokee County, Cobb County, and Gwinnett County.
ADDRESS: 3180 North Point Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30005