Alpharetta Auto Accident Attorney
An experienced Alpharetta auto accident attorney can be a tremendous asset after any kind of car accident, regardless of who was at fault. Georgia follows a fault-based system for handling car accidents, and this means dealing with insurance and potentially a lawsuit depending on the severity of the accident and the parties involved. The attorneys at Mitnick & Associates have extensive experience with Georgia car accident claims. If you need an Alpharetta auto accident attorney, contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Why Do I Need an Alpharetta Auto Accident Attorney?
In Georgia, all drivers must carry liability coverage with their auto insurance. All Georgia auto insurance policies must include at least $25,000 in coverage for injury or death to a single person, at least $50,000 in total accident coverage, and at least $25,000 in property damage.
These minimum requirements may seem generous, but the reality is that not every driver carries sufficient liability coverage, and many people unfortunately choose to drive with no insurance coverage at all. Unless you already pay for additional underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage, you are responsible for your losses unless you can somehow convince the responsible driver to pay for your damages. The most effective way to accomplish this is with a lawsuit, and an Alpharetta auto accident attorney can help secure compensation for your losses and hold the responsible party accountable.
Insurance concerns aside, some accidents may cause damages that eclipse the total available coverage from an auto insurance policy. Depending on how your accident occurred and the insurance status of the other drivers involved, you could have several options for recovery.
What Can an Alpharetta Auto Accident Attorney Do for Me?
The primary benefit to hiring an Alpharetta auto accident attorney is peace of mind. It’s important to remember that most insurance companies are not on your side; they aim to pay at the least amount of money possible. However, if you work with one of our attorneys, you no longer need to worry about compiling a case or gathering evidence to file an insurance claim or a lawsuit. Your attorney can handle correspondence with insurance companies on your behalf an even draft a demand letter for compensation.
Along with not needing to worry about procedural missteps and dealing with insurance companies, other benefits to hiring an Alpharetta auto accident attorney include:
- Greater compensation. Though most area attorneys will do their best to procure the highest compensation, you need an attorney who has experience in personal injury law. Your attorney is far more likely to secure a higher amount of compensation than you could secure on your own.
- Settlement negotiation. If possible, and if it is in your best interest, your attorney should strive to settle your claim as quickly as possible to minimize your legal costs. This can allow you to secure a fair settlement and put the issue behind you so you can focus on recovery instead of a lengthy court battle.
- Trial preparation. In the event settlement is not possible or in your best interest, your attorney will prepare you for a trial. This can include deposition preparation and helping you understand what to expect in the courtroom.
- Compassionate counsel. The attorneys at Mitnick & Associates know the damage car accidents can cause and will provide respectful, professional legal counsel through every phase of your case.
Contact an Alpharetta Auto Accident Attorney Today
Act quickly if you intend to take legal action after a car accident in Alpharetta. Finding the right attorney can not only lead to a higher chance of success with an insurance claim or lawsuit, but also allow you to relax and focus on recovery instead of stressing about your legal issues. The attorneys at Mitnick & Associates want to help you handle your car accident claims quickly and effectively so you can secure the compensation you need to recover. Contact us at 770-408-7000 today to schedule a consultation with an Alpharetta auto accident attorney and find out how our firm can help.
Mitnick & Associates is a multigenerational family-owned law firm representing clients throughout Alpharetta, Cumming, surrounding areas in Georgia with various types of civil and criminal cases. We understand the legal process is daunting. We strive to provide our clients with comprehensive, professional, and compassionate legal representation. If you or a loved one recently experienced a personal injury, car accident, or an injury from a drunk driver, contact Mitnick & Associates today to schedule a consultation with an Alpharetta personal injury attorney.
Why Hire Mitnick & Associates?
If you need a personal injury lawyer in the Alpharetta area, Mitnick & Associates has the experience, skill, and resources to help guide you to the best result possible.
- We have more than 25 combined years of experience with the law and put the full scope of our resources at the disposal of every client we represent.
- Our firm takes pride in our versatility. We have experience with various types of civil and criminal cases and the capability to represent a wide range of clients.
- In every case we take, our goal is to maximize our client’s recovery and provide the highest possible standard of legal representation.
- We believe in close, personalized legal counsel and will take time to get to know you and your situation.
The right attorney can make a significant difference in the outcome of any legal matter. Mitnick & Associates can help you better understand your legal options in a variety of situations.
Cases We Take
Mitnick & Associates offers representation to clients facing various types of legal issues. Some of our main practice areas include:
- Criminal defense. If you or a loved one face a criminal charge, we can help secure exculpatory evidence or explore possibilities for alternative diversionary punishments in lieu of jail time and heavy fines for some offenses.
- Family law. Our attorneys have extensive experience with all aspects of Georgia family law, including child custody agreements, child support enforcement, divorce negotiation, prenuptial contract drafting, adoption, and more.
- Personal injury. If you suffered an injury due to another party’s negligence, you have a legal right to seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. We can help you determine the viability of your case and the potential compensation you could recover if you win.
- Bankruptcy. If you and your family are facing bankruptcy and financial turmoil, we can help you navigate the bankruptcy filing process and explore potential remedies.
Facing any type of legal situation can be stressful without the right legal counsel. The attorneys at Mitnick & Associates can help you determine your best options no matter what your legal issue.
Things to Know About Hiring an Attorney
At Mitnick & Associates, we believe in ensuring maximum recovery for our personal injury clients and solid defense for our criminal defense clients. Depending on the type of legal situation you face, there are certain things to keep in mind when it comes to hiring legal counsel.
When hiring a defense attorney, you should remember your rights following arrest and refrain from speaking to the police until you secure legal representation. Even if you have faced a wrongful arrest or the police accuse you of a crime you did not commit, take advantage of your right to remain silent until your attorney arrives to help you.
Many people mistakenly believe that hiring an attorney is essentially a tacit admission of guilt, but this is simply untrue. Many law enforcement departments and courts attempt to rush convictions, and missteps following arrest have led to many innocent people spending time behind bars unjustly. Waiting for your attorney before speaking to the police or other investigators is the best way to protect your rights.
Find Reliable Legal Counsel Today
If you suffered a personal injury and need to file a lawsuit against a negligent party, our attorneys will help you navigate the legal process. Contact Mitnick & Associates today to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys. Find us at 770-408-7000. Once we have the details of your situation, we can help you understand your options for legal recourse and explain how our firm can help.