Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Representation from a Bankruptcy Attorney in Alpharetta
Are you being harassed by your creditors over outstanding debt? You have protection under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act ( FDCPA). Creditors are allowed to contact you about your debts. However, they are required to be fair and civil in their communication with you. At The Law Offices of Daniel W. Mitnick & Associates, P.C., our attorneys are tough and skilled litigators for clients experiencing creditor harassment. When you retain the services of our seasoned Alpharetta lawyer, your creditor is required to contact us instead of you.
Why Hire The Law Offices of Daniel W. Mitnick & Associates, P.C.?
- We have over 25 years combined experience in litigation and bankruptcy law.
- We offer personalized attention and quality service and representation.
- We can fully analyze your financial situation and guide you through the process of resolution.
- We have extensive court room experience and will not hesitate to litigate on your behalf.
- We have a positive reputation in Alpharetta and other state courts, which can be invaluable to the outcome of your case.
What does the FDCPA ban my creditor from doing?
Under the FDCPA, creditors are prohibited, among other things, from engaging in:
- Abusive language and communication methods – Calling you before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.; contacting you at work or on your cell phone without permission; insults, threats, or vulgar language.
- Deception – Failing to tell you that they are debt collectors; using an alias; making false claims to be attorneys, government affiliated, or credit bureau representatives; claiming that you have committed a crime or will be arrested; or attempting to collect more than the amount you owe.
- Slander of your reputation – Contacting your friends, family, co-workers, or other third parties in an attempt to collect your debt; publicly publishing a list of debtors with your name on it; or giving false information about you to a credit bureau or third party.
Contact The Law Offices of Daniel W. Mitnick & Associates, P.C.
Do not put up with abuse or harassment from creditors. Call our office or go to this link to take advantage of our complimentary consultation. Our experienced Alpharetta attorney will discuss your situation with you to determine if you have an eligible claim for harassment under the FDCPA.Contact our firm for an aggressive advocate to protect your rights.
Have further questions?
See our answers to commonly asked questions for more insight into creditor harassment.