Alpharetta Divorce Attorney
Guiding Your Family Toward a Better Future
At The Law Offices of Daniel W. Mitnick & Associates, P.C., we offer experienced legal counsel for clients facing divorce and other family law issues. Our attorneys have been representing divorcees for over 25 years and are well-known throughout Alpharetta and the rest of metro Atlanta for our excellent litigation skills.
Here are some of the benefits of working with our firm:
- We provide quick responses and flexible hours for our clients, so you won’t ever have to worry about not being able to reach us.
- We will listen to your goals for your case and develop a personalized strategy.
- We have a great reputation with the local courts that is invaluable for our clients.
Why You Need a Divorce Lawyer
If you’re thinking about representing yourself in a divorce, there are some things you might want to consider first.
- An attorney can guide you throughout every step of the process, so you avoid making mistakes which will delay your divorce or even cause you to lose something that you wanted.
- An attorney can make sure that you are getting your fair share by helping you discover and value all marital assets.
- An attorney can relieve the stressfulness of the situation by being there to help you take care of the details.
- An attorney can make sure that you are fairly represented in court, so that the judge or your spouse’s attorney does not take advantage of you.
While representing yourself in a divorce case may seem less expensive now, in the long run, a divorce attorney can far outweigh the initial cost by saving you time, stress, and money.
How to File for Divorce
Before filing for a divorce in Georgia, you must meet the residency requirement, which is having lived in the state for at least 6 months. You can then file in your local court using one of the thirteen grounds that the state allows. They are the following:
- Irretrievable breakdown (no-fault)
- Intermarriage with a close relative
- Mental incapacity
- Mental illness
- Marriage was obtained through force or fraud
- Wife was pregnant by another man and the husband was unaware
- Desertion for a year or more
- Crime of moral turpitude
- Cruel treatment
- Habitual intoxication
- Habitual drug addiction
Once you have filed all the appropriate forms, you must serve your spouse with the papers. When you retain one of our divorce lawyers, we will go over the process with you and help you file all the necessary paperwork.
Divorce-Related Issues That We Handle
At The Law Offices of Daniel W. Mitnick & Associates, you will never be another number in our files. We work with you to make sure we understand your family dynamics and what would be best for your situation. There are many issues that may come up, involving:
- Alimony and spousal support
- Child support
- Child custody and visitation
- Domestic violence
- Paternity issues
- Property and asset division
Our legal team will help you develop a well-thought out divorce decree and parenting plan that you and your family will keep. If your situation has changed, then we can assist you in making the necessary modifications. If your spouse is not following your order, then we may can help with enforcement, which may end up with the judge decreeing a contempt order.